Monday, January 10, 2011

Let Me BE!

The pain is searing
Can't screen the thoughts anymore
Though I try, honestly,
But still, Why can't I just be me...

I have seen the sun and the sands,
I have traveled to far off places
They keep on following, they really do
And I cry, why can't I just be me...

I come home from work,
The food is ready, the remote inviting,
I look at them, the pain disagrees to subside
I scream, why can't I just be me...

The phone rings, I shudder
Its the daily call from home, I chat
Somebody is shouting, I wham the closet,
I plead, Why can't I just be me...

They say time, I wonder, how long
When would it come, when would it be,
The hug is painful, it starts bleeding
And then she says, you be you, I be me...

I gasp,If only...
there is an answer, just that I am afraid,
If I be me, there is no you...
Till death, only it can...I want to be me...

1 comment:

  1. you have mirrored the thoughts of all those around you... BUT if you could be you... how would such thoughts brew... :)

    ReplyDelete