Sunday, January 2, 2011

I do not wish to change you...

I do not wish to change you...

I just wanna show you that the flowers are still purple,
& the butterflies still have colors, blues and yellows.
The clouds still form shapes, the birds still chirp,
The roads can still be covered with green and mist...

I wanna make you feel that the snow hasn't hardened,
& making snowmen with carrots is still fun.
The long drives to nowhere still exist,
The blankets are still warm enough to make your heart melt...

I wanna make you believe that the world is not only buildings and apartments,
The homes still have chimneys, warm and cozy.
The words haven't all become empty,
The cups still hold water, the sun still shines...

I wanna take you to the stars and put the moon in your embrace,
& fill you with stories yet untold.
The adventures, the cacophony isn't all noise,
The water still remains calm after the stone, the waves still ebb out...

I wanna reflect the color of your eyes,
So you see they still twinkle, and how close you are.
You still exist, you still are, you still can be...

& I promise, it's not change, it's life!

So if you have forgotten,
Come to me, stumble if you need...
But I would hold you and make you stand.
Because, thats what you are...thats what you are...

8 comments:

  1. Always knew that u have a pensive side.... Bt I like da fact dat u ve sooo beautifully put in your thoughts... :) loved it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...beautiful ...simply amazing ..i just loved it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each word at the right place, creating right rhythm, exuding right emotion.
    Especially where you say "You still exist, you still are, you still can be".

    But i wonder if you believe in purple flowers and colorful butterflies, why is the melange of your life so grey! Use the palette and paint it red :)

    Kp writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name of your blog...In Life things are more than just black and white...lots of shades in between...and grey is an important shade...good read...keep writing and posting also...All the best... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, it's amazing...
    so you can make Magic with words too, eh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable :)
    Very well done.....

    I wanna make you feel that the snow hasn't hardened,
    & making snowmen with carrots is still fun.
    The long drives to nowhere still exist,
    The blankets are still warm enough to make your heart melt...

    icing on the cake is "& I promise, it's not change, it's life!"

    Cheers,
    The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
    Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

    ReplyDelete